Chuai-tenno-ryo Kofun is a keyhole-shaped mounded tomb constructed on the western edge of the Furuichi area.
The mound length is 245 m, and the height of the round rear part is 19.5 m, making it the third largest in the Furuichi area.
The mound, which was used as a fortress during the Muromachi period (1336–1573), has been modified; it is surrounded by a wide moat.
Cylindrical haniwa (earthenware funerary sculptures) were arranged on its bank. Both cylindrical and representational haniwa have been unearthed from the mound and the moat.
There are various opinions on the construction period, although it is considered to be between the early 4th century and the late 5th century.